Massage Strengthens The Immune System
The lymphatic system is a major factor in your body’s battle to ward off infection and heal injuries. the lymphatic flow is usually very sluggish in most people and especially so in those that have less active lifestyles.
massage therapy not only improves the circulation of blood and it’s vital nutrients , but also increases the circulation of lymph in your lymphatic system, thus helping your body to fight off infection and speeding your recovery from injuries and illness.
“If you have a massage every week, you will have 2/3 less illness.” H. Gruenn, M.D. Los Angeles, CA
Massage Can Improve Nerve Function
Contracted muscles can press on or pinch your nerves causing tingling, numbness, or pain.
massage therapy relaxes these contracted muscles to relieve the compression on your nerves. Sensory receptors in the skin and muscles “wake up” bringing new awareness to areas that have felt “cut off ” by chronic tension patterns.
Massage Helps You To Sleep Better
Tension caused by everyday stress can emotionally drain you, robbing you of patience and stamina you need just to cope with day-to-day life as well as disrupting your sleep leaving you tired and irritable.
Massage therapy relaxes your tense muscles and calms your nervous system, causing your body’s rhythm to slow down. As your body slows down, your blood pressure lowers, your heart rate settles, and your breath becomes deeper and more rhythmic, priming you for a perfect night’s sleep.
Massage Improves Skin Tone
The sun, smog,poor diet, and the unstoppable aging process all contribute to the drying, wrinkling, and the general loss of the youthful characteristics of your skin.
Massage therapy dilates the blood capillaries of the skin increasing the uptake of vital skin repairing nutrients and speeding the removal of harmful toxins. this improved circulation helps to moisturize your skin,improving skin texture and relieving dryness and itching.
Physical Benefits Mental Benefits Emotional Benefits
- Relaxes the body Reduces mental stress Reduces anxiety
- Calms the nervous system Promotes better sleep Enhances self-image
- Lowers blood pressure Calms a bad temper Provides a feeling of well-being
- Reduces heart rate Induces mental relaxation Promotes greater creative expression
- Slows respiration Improves concentration
- Loosens tight muscles
- Stretches connective tissue
- Reduces chronic pain
- Improves skin tone
- Increases blood and lymph circulation
- Speeds the removal of metabolic waste
- Increases red blood cell counts
- Relieves cramps and muscle spasms
- Increases flexibility
- Relieves tired and aching muscles
- Stimulates the release of endorphins
- Improves Muscle tone
- Strengthens the immune system
- reduces swelling
- Reduces scarring
- Improves posture
- Reduces tension headaches
- Increases tissue metabolism
- Decreases muscular deterioration